A company with heritage and character

TWD Fibres is a fully integrated company with a long tradition. At the Bavarian headquarters in Deggendorf/Seebach the company produces commodities and high performance filament yarns with high added value alike. The company was founded in 1959 by Heinrich Kunert. In 1975 the first filament spinnery for polyester and polyamide 6.6 was inaugurated. In the following years the different production levels including dyeing facilities were integrated. Since April 2019 TWD Fibres GmbH is a owner-managed company again. Chief executive officer, Eggo Laukamp, and finance director, Klaus Platzer, together took over tha majority of the company´s shares.

Company key figures

Production areas:

Spinning mill: 20.000 qm
Texturing & Dyeing: 92.000 qm

Production capacity:

PA POY ca. 15.000 to/a
PES POY ca. 15.000 to/a

Staff:

Ca. 500 employees

Sales markets:

40 % Germany
50 % Europe
10 % Overseas

Sales/Turnover:

around 27.000 To
around 100 Mio €

History

  • 1959 Founded by Heinrich Kunert in Deggendorf
  • 1975 Construction of the first PA & PES filament spinning mill
  • 2005 TWD Fibres is taken over by the Daun & Cie. AG
  • 2005 Integration of Polyester PES texturizing/ package dyeing (automotive, specialities) from KUAG Konz
  • 2006 Take-Over and integration of Polyamide PA 6.6 texturizing of Kunert Ges. m.b.H. (Austria) in the base at Seebach
  • 2008 Implementing of the Dye-house expansion, current capacity 5000 to/a
  • 2015 TWD Group is taken over by 4K Invest
  • 2019 Take-Over of the majority shares of TWD Group by Eggo Laukamp and Klaus Platzer
10. 07. 2019

ITMA Barcelona 2019

TWD Fibres yarns running on different machines

Read more ...
04. 06. 2019

TWD Fibres goes TV

BR film team at TWD Fibres

Read more ...